Monday, October 18, 2010

And the Wheels Turn...

I've been considering my travel exploits as of late.  Due to the ever-increasing difficulty of getting overseas airfare for a reasonable price (tickets are running about $1200 RT to the UK through Travelocity for the May/June timeframe), I am doubting my ability to make a trip to my beloved England this year. *sigh*  I'll do my best, but it will take much larger bank roll than I will likely have the wallet for.

That leaves me with lots of alternative options, of course.  As you know, I recently returned from New Orleans which is only a few short hours away.  The Ozarks, which I visited summer before last, are also an option.  I live in one of the most fun and scenic parts of the US here in Austin, so there's plenty to do right at home.  San Antonio, too, is one of my favorite cities with it's Riverwalk and El Mercado. 

There's Fredricksburg, New Braunfels, Salado, Wimberley, and Greune when I need a day trip and Walburg German food to assuage the European in me.

Here are some links for those places:

Ozarks:
Eureka Springs
Austin, TX
San Antonio
Fredricksburg
Wimberley
Salado
Greune
New Braunfels
Walburg

Of course, my folks live south of Houston, so I get to see Galveston.  A lot.  And since I was raised nearby, I know a ton of places to go there.  I'll put that information in a separate posting.

I am traveling next weekend with a friend from Tyler on a day trip... somewhere.  We'll see where we end up!

In the meantime, I'm home with my puppies and content - for a few days - to sit still and make a quick trip to Eric's place for them to run a time or two this week.

Take care, travel pals, and see you next time!

Toobin' down the Guadalupe - New Braunfels:


Walburg German Restaurant



1 comment: