Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This is the year!

I am back on track for a visit to the olde country.  Yes, airfares went down an amazing $200 recently, and I snapped up a ticket.

I'm scared, but hopeful that this will be a brilliant year for travel. 

So, what's on the agenda?  Well, the royal wedding for one.  I originally thought that I would grab my souvenirs and depart London the day of the wedding, but the more I look at it, the more I think I may want to just base in London this time.  Of course, a small return to the Lake District would be fun... but, I can always check the weather while I'm over there to see if I want to make the trip or not.  Spontaneous?  Me???  That could be dangerous!

:)

Thing is, I've never really toured the south.  I think it might be fun to check out Oxford, the Cotswolds, Bournemouth, Colchester, and other southern towns.  Who knows - I may even get to one of the surrounding British Isles this trip.  Now that would be a coup!

I just read that there will be a commemorative Oyster (subway) card for the wedding (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11914982).  What *will* they think of next?  How about a commemorative coin?  http://www.royalmint.com/store/WorldBase/PWKEBP.aspx.  One where the gorgeous Kate resembles Janis Joplin.

Stamps, mugs, what else are we in for?  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/8264737/Royal-Wedding-Stanley-Gibbons-predicts-boost-from-stamps-and-mugs.html

Perhaps all our shopoholicism will result in a boost for the English economy.  However, my pocketbook is already squeaking.  Will work for souvenirs!

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment