Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where's the beef? Er... modified textured vegetable protein...

I guess you’ve noticed my low-keyedness lately. Yes, I’ve been out of touch – even though I am heartily excited about my next trip to England!

Let’s see, what has transpired…

I decided, after creating a very exhausting schedule covering London, Oxford, Wales, and the Isle of Wight (all in 10 days) that I just didn’t like the idea of running around everywhere. I’m looking for respite, darnit!

To that end, I scrapped said former schedule!

Yes, and I asked myself – what would a wonderfully relaxing and mentally/emotionally stimulating trip look like?

So, here it is, my dears.

I’m flying into London, but leaving the next day for Woking (a smallish town on the west side of London). There to meet up with some VERY distant relatives for a tour of the Cotswolds! They will drop me off at my B&B in Oxford, and I will spend the next day doing a tour of that city (which I’ve never seen before).

Sound relaxing and fun so far?

After that, it’s “hoppa train to the Lakes!” I know what you’re going to say. “But Joy, you ALWAYS go to the Lakes!”

It’s because there’s a reason! Gosh, how many can I give you?

It’s some of the most gorgeous landscape on the planet. From the lakes to the mountaintops and from artists to poets… everyone finds something here to stimulate the mind and body. I’ve been looking into doing some short hikes (which will be fun), and I’m renting a car (which will be scary).

If you see someone in a mini driving on the wrong side of the road near Keswick… say hi to me. 

I plan to do some conscious art in the form of photography and video. I’m barely a beginner at each, but it will be great to work on a “craft” whilst there. Poetry too, of course. I really wish I’d booked a few more days.

At any rate, that’s the plan as it stands for now! I am heartily hoping that I can see my friends somehow, some way. Say a prayer for Kim, who has lost her job. The economy is in tough times, for sure.

I am sad, in a way, because I think this really will be the last trip I can afford. I hate to be pulled from my beloved England by a gulf of dollars. However, to be more upbeat about it – I plan to make this one of the best trips EVER!


Photo by Mark LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment