Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Schedule Tweaking

I love daydreaming about my trips, don't you? In the middle of my day when I've converted the millionth table from word to other formats... I stop. And look at my desktop picture. Today, it's sheep in the fields at Hawes.






I start looking at my schedule and going... hmmm... how can I make *this* happen. Like, Portmeirion. I've wanted to make Portmeirion happen for years! How inconvenient that they built it in a totally unreachable part of Wales! It'd be days out of my schedule and money out of my pocket... so, I guess I won't be able to do it this time round.

But, that'll just leave me more time in the Lake District.

Now, the difficult part is getting around to other places that I can't get to by train. Which means I do this alone and by car. Remember what I said in my article about issues with cars in the UK? I'm kinda scared to do this alone, but never too scared to not do it. :) So... I contacted a rental company in Penrith and plan to rent a car upon arrival there.


Oh, and I contacted my friend Marion at Goodwin House (the place I suggested in the article that you stay if you go to the Lake District). What a wonderful, warm welcome she gave and is now expecting me for a few days in September. That'll be nice. :)

I haven't heard from Greg or Kim (not surprised). Greg has a fear of the internet, I think. And Kim is working too many hours. Sarn (Sandra), I've not heard from in ages. So, that may mean I don't get to see my Brit friends this go round. Hope that's not the case, but you never can tell.



Kim, Greg, Sarn, and Me

I always have fun anyway. :) That's sorta the point of travel, yeah?

Well, I guess I'm off to finish converting Word tables. Wish me luck. I'd rather be daydreaming about Yorkshire!

No comments:

Post a Comment