Friday, February 13, 2009

Winter Rates

Well, my friend Lisa has been posting me all these wonderful airfare rates to England. $599 for airfare and six nights in London!

A shame it's only through March.

I've also been bemoaning the fact that I am going at the wrong time of year to see the live show of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/). The small consolation is that I have a DVD (British format only) of the show. Now, to figure out how to get my tv to play the darn thing!

The other news is that I've been discussing the trip with my adopted mom (Joan). We call her Woofie... not sure where she got that... :) Anyway, Woofie has always wanted to go overseas , so I'm going to take her out to Valentine's lunch tomorrow and go over things to see if it's really something doable. I hope so, because I think she'd have so much fun!

So, if she does come, I'm guessing the itinerary would be reworked quite a bit. Less time on the road - more time in centrally-located spots.

We shall see!

In other news, I've been in touch with Kim and Sarn again. Sarn is working on some ideas for the Stoke-on-Trent and Lake District part of our trip. Will keep you posted here on any major updates to the schedule.

I'm off to go look at some guided tours for Woofie... maybe I can take her some brochures tomorrow.


XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment