Sunday, May 20, 2012

Travel, Love, Friends, and Rollercoasters

Hidey Ho, Neighbors!

I've been writing a few lines about my upcoming trip lately, so I don't know if you want to know or not... but things have been scary in my private life.

First, I had my very BEST travel buddy friend Sharon W. almost kick the bucket on me (don't DO that again, Sharon!!!).  Luckily, she's back and fighting.  What a trooper!  My friends Sandy and Kathy have not been so lucky.  They've both been given the news that their time here is limited.  All my emotions around THAT have been everything from humorous to dark and lonely.  Other acquaintances and family are going through a litany of things.  Dad's circulatory/diabetes/and other associated problems.  Sharon B's ongoing fight with Crone's Disease, Angela's difficulties with arthritis and other medical issues, and so on.

Sometimes you wonder if anyone is healthy anymore!  Also, it is teaching me that this moment in my life when I feel so healthy is a gift.  A true and awesome gift!  Many folks my age are valiantly fighting the good fight while my biggest problems seem to be which airline to take.

To all those out there courageously duking it out with disaster, I am totally humbled by you.  I've pretty much determined that if I was facing the same things, I'd just end up in a puddle of woe.  I'm not one of those strong folks.

Anyway, you know what?  Something in me just now clicked that I'll do this next trip for my friends who can't. For those folks that would LOVE to hop on a plane and travel to Scotland and can't.  For those who can't get out of bed or who are tied to doctor's appointments.  Maybe God gives me legs for those who can't walk.

That seems a bit pretentious, reading back, but it wasn't meant that way.  All I can say is that I love all my friends and that I carry each of them in my heart when I travel.  Many folks don't understand why I love to bring gifts back from my visits... I've talked about this a little before.  And, I think the majority of it is to share what I feel as the ultimate joy and adventure and spiritual upfliftment in my life with them.

So, take those kitchen magnets with a little bit of Joy loves you.  That's the way it's meant.

Now, off to the Llama farm to see the Brambletts.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment