Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh We'll Never Never Survive, Unless... We Get a Little Crazy!

Don't you just love Seal? I mean, who couldn't love lyrics like that. :)

It's Friday here, and I'm contemplating my wonderful life in the upcoming months. I'll be going to DUBLIN! AND ENGLAND! AND SCOTLAND!!!!!

Wow.

Maybe God's lining me up for a final farewell to the UK? I don't know... I always think "this" trip will be my last.

My work contract ends in mid-June. I don't have anything else lined up as yet. I keep hoping for (yet another) extension here, but you just can't tell.

So, what do you do? Save money like crazy and live for today, I think.

Well, I don't save as much as I should... but I think... if I don't do the things I really want to do - how will I know if I'll ever get a chance to do them in the future. So, I typically grab all the gusto now. Not one for delayed gratification, me. :)

Anyway, so how *will* I survive? Your best guess and mine is that it will come down to faith that things always work out for the best and that I'll find the position I was meant to find. I've prepared somewhat. What little I have plus the unemployment insurance should float me til I find something else.

If you know of any jobs for tech writers - let me know!

In the meantime, let's get a little crazy!

I'll be working the registration desk for the Austin International Poetry Festival tonight. Hope to see some old friends I've not seen in awhile.

Want to come with me, read poetry, and live for today?

Your crazy tech writer/poet friend...

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment