Monday, April 6, 2009

What is it about Tea?



I love tea. All kinds of tea! Ok,mostly all kinds of "black" tea. Green teas and most herbals don't interest me much.

I'm not sure where this love of tea came from. Maybe partially because I live in Texas and we drink lots of iced tea here. Maybe because I lived in England? Maybe because I don't drink coffee?

For whatever reason, tea is da bomb as far as I'm concerned.

My favorite is the Wild Strawberry from Fortnum and Mason.



But I also enjoy Georgian Peach from my local tea room (the Steeping Room at the Domain).



Of course, I have my old standby (Earl Grey). And I do like Constant Comment from time to time.

I also have many assorted flavors of loose teas. Currently, in my desk drawer, I have a Peach Decaf from the Steeping Room, and a nice black lavender tea from a local lavender farm. From the Tea Embassy, I have Black Currant Tea and Raspberry Mint tea.

It's a veritable dessert drawer! :)

At nights, just before bed, I treat myself to a nice cup of chamomile.

With all these teas, you'd think I'd attended many, many afternoon teas (of the English variety). But the only tea I ever attended was one I hosted, myself. I did try clotted cream once at the Steeping Room (Americans are way missing out on the boat by not using clotted cream!). It's like a very light, whipped cream cheese.




I'm looking forward to possibly going to a tea when I get to London (if there is time and energy for such a thing). The other thing would be wearable clothing for the event. I tend not to pack formalwear for my trips.

I'll give that one some thought. :)

Tirrah for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment