Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

'ello me ducks... and how's life in your part of the world? I just got into work and am settling into the day's goings on.

Found out yesterday that we're going to have to take mandatory non-paid days off. I'm not too surprised.

I've been working on a book for the past couple of weeks. Mostly, just idea gathering. I'm hoping all these upcoming days off will allow me to focus on things a little more and maybe get a few chapters written. :)

I also have my resume in with a company that's bidding on a government contract. If they get it, my job is pretty well a lock. So, that will make things much easier all round as far as the planned travel goes.

I'm so glad I have this trip to take my mind off of things like paying bills and the long hours I put in with my various jobs. Yesterday, a friend pinged me about helping him with his resume. So many folks out there are just frightened to death about this recession. My friend has a very nice house that he bought a couple of years ago. Of course, making payments is getting harder and harder to do.

So, I've been finding interesting quotes lately. Let's see if I have any about travel I can pass on.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

Without travel "I would have wound up a little ignorant white Southern female, which was not my idea of a good life." -- Lauren Hutton


"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." –- Miriam Beard


Let's see if I can come up with one all by myself.

"If you bring cameras, video equipment, cell phones, and computers on your trip, you're no traveler... you're just a tourist." -- Joy Owen


And that, as they say, is all she wrote. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment