Thursday, March 26, 2009

What Happened?

Oh, I bet you're wondering what happened to my idea of having a travel companion.

I did advertise, and a couple of folks responded - then dropped off the face of the planet. I guess they determined they really didn't want to go after all. And Woofie, my adopted mom, decided that the trip would be much too strenuous for her (so we're thinking maybe an Alaskan cruise next year).

So, it looks like I'm on me own for now.

My job contract ends in June. I'm just hoping that I'll be able to afford it all. (I'm going anyway - just saying). LOL Once I have the plane ticket and rail pass, it's a pretty sure bet I'm ready to take the leap.

Speaking of the job market... I just went through an interesting series of interviews with a company in West Virginia. It's beautiful there, but so many difficulties in actually making it happen. I finally had to just say no to the opportunity. *sigh*

So, I'm out there and looking again. :) I wonder if Austin can support all the tech writers out there looking for work. I'm just grateful that LSI has been so berry berry good to me this past year. They've made it possible to make my bills and keep my puppies fed - so that's all good news.

I guess I'm out of steam for this blog entry, so chins up! Go 'ave a butchah's and I'll rabbit with ya latah.

No comments:

Post a Comment