Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More Worms...

See earlier post for worm reference.

It happened again.

I contacted the car hire (not rental - hire) in the Lake District. They don't do these contracts via email, so I actually had to call on the phone.

As he was taking my information, the gentleman said:

"saname"

"What?" asks I.

"saname"

um....

I'm wracking my brains for what he could be talking about.

Then, it dawns...

Surname!

ahhh... God bless 'em. Not "last name" which is just fine and to the point. no no... let's call it surname and speak in a thick accent to befuddle the poor American woman!

I emailed the same gentleman a bit later to ask for a total for the car, GPS, and insurance.

Here is the gist of his answer:

Hi Joy

The total for your hire £135 inc sat nav.

The above price does not include our CDW if you wish to include this it
would be an additional £22.50.

Regards


Now... do YOU know what a CDW is? No? Well, I wrote back asking... and here is the response.

CDW is collision damage waver which reduces your excess from £750.00 down to
£250.00 which is £7.50 per day. Hope this explains what CDW is.


I can hear them talking now... "Dumb American Woman Strikes Again!" LOL

Will I ever learn how to speak English???

No comments:

Post a Comment