Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Fitting...

So, Kim and Greg are spending all their waking hours running around trying to make sure I'm entertained, bless 'em. Haven't heard a peep from Sarn, so not sure how my plans for that end of the trip are going. I hope to hear something soon, though.

At any rate, Greg writes me that they need my clothing sizes so they can outfit me for the 1940s railway adventure...

Have you ever tried fitting yourself overseas?

Let me tell you, being a curvy American in England can be a challenge! Brits seem to usually be thinner and less-busty. Smaller all round, I'd say.

So, if you're a size 14, say, in US size... you'd be a 16 in the UK (boy, doesn't that make me feel better about all those past twinkies and choco shakes?).

Here's a cool tool that lets you convert dress sizes with a click: http://www.85b.org/dress_conv.php.

But as soon as you get that all figured out, then the shoe sizes come at you!

If you are a size 9 ladies in the US, you are a 6.5 in the UK (or a 40 in Europe). There's a similar conversion tool for shoe sizes here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_shoes_womens.htm.

Now, I don't mind going down a few sizes... but from a 9 to a 40???? I'm starting to feel like something from Gulliver's Travels.

Ah well, it will be interesting to see if what they get me actually fits. :)

Off for now, me ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment